Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
[HUB Workbench] Legal for Startups
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Presented by HUB Workbench and Comar Law
Comar Law works with individuals, businesses and institutions to produce high impact change – technological change, legal change and social change.
Legal mistakes can doom even the best startup concepts and founding teams. Do you want to avoid them?
About the class
Legal for Startups will cover the basic legal landscape that all startups should understand well. Companies face a number of legal hurdles on their road from concept to execution, many of which can be lethal pitfalls to success. With the right amount of know-how, these hurdles can be anticipated and managed to ensure smooth company growth.
1) Company formation & legal structures
2) Conflicts and collaborations between founders
3) Early stage finance
4) Using independent contractors and employees
5) Generating revenue from intellectual property & other intellectual property concerns
6) Preparing for direct equity grants to investors
7) Avoiding litigation
About Inder Comar
Mr. D. Inder Comar is principal at Comar Law. Mr. Comar completed his legal training at New York University School of Law and completed undergraduate (B.A., Psychology; B.A., International Relations) and graduate degrees (M.A., Sociology) at Stanford University. Comar Law is a law firm dedicated to social change. Comar Law works with corporate clients with respect to company management and early stage finance, and also maintains a trial and appellate practice.
When & Where
HUB Workbench helps changemakers develop the skills they need to succeed. Our teachers are activists, artists, and social entrepreneurs who envision a new kind of economy and a new definition of success in business. Our community will help you learn skills, build your project, and change the world.
HUB Workbench is a HUB Bay Area program.
The HUB Bay Area is part of a global community taking collaborative action for a better world. The HUB is an inspiring space, meaningful content and a vibrant global community of people.
We share the following values:
· Placemaking: We value the place around us.
· Collaborative Effort: Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration.
· Ethic of Respect: The Hub is a respectful place. It is safe for diversity, ideas, inspiration, and creativity.
· Building a Better World: Our community honors hopes, dreams, and values.
· Radical Inclusion: All are invited to join and build on the conversation.
Join the HUB Community today and receive discounts on events, classes and professional development opportunities.